Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
And thinking about how you want to benefit from volunteering is a good start to finding an opportunity that’s right for you.
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people.Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Due to the nature of working with vulnerable populations, Erin Mills Youth Centre staff will request permission to obtain a vulnerable sector check at no cost with a provided authorization letter that can be provided in person to you. In addition, all applicants must attend an orientation session.
Available Volunteer Form to Download
For further information, please kindly e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator Daniel Dairou at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Registered Volunteers
Are you a registered Volunteer with EMYC? Do you believe you have made a personal impact at program or with a specific youth? if you have answered yes to any of these questions than you are already in a mentor-ship role. EMYC is partnered with the MYMP mentorship initiative to provide a guiding hand through the mentorship process. If you would like to be identified as a formal mentor and would like to learn more about this process, please contact Daniel Dairou. email@example.com or by phone (647-786-0490)