EMYC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the Personal Information and Electronic Documents (the Act) and in particular Schedule 1 of the act.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 13th, 2016.
- WHAT WE COLLECT
- First name and last name;
- Contact information, including your e-mail address and phone number;
- Demographic information such as your postal code, preferences, and interests; and
- Other information related to customer surveys, event registration forms, program forms, and volunteer applications.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, our donation page is secured via Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) for your convenience. Secured Socket Layer SSL is an encryption used worldwide for protecting information.
- THE PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are responsible for all personal information in our possession.
Personal Information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include any individual’s opinions, beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to the individual.
Exceptions: Business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information. If an individual uses his or her home contact information as business contact information, this information is not subject to protection as personal information.
All employees of Erin Mills Youth Centre (EMYC) are required to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE
We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate and up to date. You are entitled to seek a correction of your personal information if you believe that the information in our possession is not correct.
- If you believe any of the information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to change it or delete it.
- If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make the necessary changes.
- WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WE WILL LIMIT HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was obtained, or as required by law.
When we destroy personal information, we will use safeguards to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to that information during the process.
- WE WILL BE OPEN TO OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
EMYC will make readily available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- WE WILL ALLOW YOU TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may ask whether we hold any personal information about you, ensure that it’s accurate and to see that information, as provided by law.
You also have the right to know:
- how we collected your personal information.
- how we are using it.
- You also have the right to personally view the data, which can be arranged provided photo identification is produced.
- YOU MAY REGISTER A COMPLAINT
You may register a privacy-related complaint by contacting our executive director. We will explain our procedure and inform you about other complaint procedures available. We will investigate all complaints.
For more information, please contact our Executive Director:
Telephone: 905 820 3577